The MLMC Mercy Honour Roll began in 2012 as initiative of the Old Collegians' Association. The purpose of the Mercy Honour Roll is to acknowledge exceptional alumni who have achieved success in a recognised field and who would serve as inspiring role models for our current and future students. Over the past five years 20 outstanding alumni have been inducted in to the Honour Roll. Each year we select three or four people to be inducted into the Honour Roll which takes place at our Old Collegian’s Gala held at the College each October.
In order to be eligible for the Mercy Honour Roll, the nominee must be:
- A Graduate of Mount Lilydale Mercy College and must have attended the College for at least four years
- The person's last year of attendance at the College must be at least 10 years ago
- A former Member of Staff who gave distinguished service for eight years or more
- A member of the wider College community who has made a significant contribution to the College
- There may be exceptions to the above at the discretion of the Principal and Committee
Selection to be based on the following criteria:
- Commitment to Mercy Ethos
The categories will be as follows:
- Significant contribution to social justice and religious and spiritual life
- Excellence in a profession such as law, education, medicine, journalism, armed services
- Recognised outstanding success in an area of business, industry or trade
- Excellence in professional or amateur sport
- Excellence in one or more fields of cultural endeavour in the arts, music, theatre, dance, writing
- Outstanding service to the Community
Please complete the online Mercy Honour Roll - Nomination Form and a member of the Old Collegians’ team will be in touch with you. Alternatively, if you would prefer, you can print off the Nomination Information and Form PDF and complete your application on hard copy.
The Selection Committee will consist of at least 10 members of the Old Collegians’ Association Committee, plus the Principal of Mount Lilydale Mercy College. The Committee will make recommendations to the Principal. No member of the Committee will be eligible for nomination whilst a member.
Our current Mercy Honour Roll inductees are listed below and some are pictured above. You can learn more about their remarkable stories here.
2013 James Merlino, Jeanette Suhr, Angela Di Giandomenico, Monica Lawson, Rohan Spong.
2014 Angela Wood, Rosemarie Longo, Mark Evans.
2015 John Reinier Van Gastel, Christine Linden, Kevin Farrelly, Maria McCarthy.
2016 Dr Elizabeth Farrell, Cameron Heath, Leah Hill, John-Michael McLindon.
2017 Kathleen Tricarico, Flight Lieutenant Dion Courtney, Professor Margaret Tobin, Laura Turner.
2018 Michael Napoleone, Diana Trask, Fiona Haynes Curtis, Terry Harrison.